First Visit to the doctor

Thursday, December 25, 2014

Once the home pregnancy test kit declared I was pregnant, it was time to visit a gynac and get it confirmed. After taking all the necessary history and details (mainly the LMP - Last Month Period Date) she advised a sonography to confirm.

Pregnancy is calculated week-wise based on the LMP date, so when I went for the check up (4th Sep '14), I was 5.2 weeks pregnant - meaning the embryo was only around 3 weeks old. A fetal heart pole is not developed at this stage and truly this was too early.

My mother did not like that I underwent a sonography and she kept saying doctors these days cause too much unnecessary medical intervention. As expected the Sonography report said that there was no fetal pole detected, however, I was indeed pregnant. Viability of the pregnancy could not be confirmed at this early stage.

Later, when I discussed this with my friends / bhabhis / sisters who has recently delivered, I got to know that it was indeed too early and they did not have a sonography or scan so soon.

Anyway, I was indeed pregnant - the scan said so!


Image: http://www.yourbabylibrary.com/



0 comments:

Post a Comment