The Good Part during the dreaded trimester

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Diwali happened to fall during my phase of morning sickness. I sadly did not eat any "faraal". I just could not get myself to eat and it did not seem appealing. Not a statement I thought I would ever make!!
I celebrated Laxmi Poojan by dressing up in a beautiful new sari and jewelry. It took my mind off of the sickness and we went out for dinner as well. I ate well! Amen!
I then got to celebrate Bhau Beej with my maternal side of the family as well. Fiftieth celebration of my uncle also happened during which I was sick throughout. But was a fun event, whatever I could enjoy of it.
Next came a business trip on which V had to go all the way to Europe! I spent the fortnight at mom's. The sad part was me n V not being together on our first anniversary!!
Since the first trimester was complete, announcements were made to close family members by mom and dad. The congratulatory messages and calls started pouring in.

Oh and I missed one event! Before the nausea had set in, I even went on a bike trip! 300 kms in one day on a bike. I got a lot of disapproving looks, nods and statements for doing this. But it was fun and V was super careful while riding!
It was quite a shock to the people who were told later. From questions ranging from "Are you nuts?" to "What were you thinking?" I had to face them all. But then Pregnancy is a phase in life, a beautiful one at that. I shouldn't stop living cause of it, right? Especially if I am taking all the necessary precautions ;-)
But then again, I know where the questions and concern comes from, so all is well!

0 comments:

Post a Comment