The Dreaded First Trimester - Part 2

Saturday, January 24, 2015

So I was on Doxinate and Ondem from week 8. The nausea and tolerance to smell started going downhill. I could hardly stay near the kitchen. Eating anything seemed like a task. I would take forever to finish a single chapati.
There wasn't any food which seemed attractive to me. I ate so that I wouldn't faint. Everyone including the doctors told me that it should start subsiding once the first trimester was over. All the websites also mentioned that by week 12-13 the symptoms start disappearing.
How I wished for this to be true. I cried to sleep, which left V feeling helpless. Every meal of the day seemed like an enormous task for me. Every bite I took I fought hard to overcome the nausea and just swallow it down. 
Image Courtesy: http://www.emom.co.za

Another fear I was under, constantly, was spotting! Every time I went to pee, I would end up checking if there was any spotting. A low lying placenta was to be blamed for this fear. I was told it would move up as the pregnancy progressed. The fear would end only with the next ultrasound. This was getting bad and I just wanted it to end. 
The first trimester was over but not my morning sickness! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment