Baby & Maternity Items to be bought

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

When you are expecting you get advice...from all sides. Some you want, some you dont, but you dont have a choice. If you have certain people from whom you want advice and tips, keep only those people updated about your current status and queries (which you will have in plenty).

So you will be entering a new phase, of which you do not have much idea. There was no need for me to look at baby products earlier in life, so the choices available could be mind boggling. I started spending a lot of time on First Cry, Baby Oye and the baby section of sites like Amazon and Flipkart.
You will be amazed at the type of products available these days for babies. When I was a baby even diapers werent easily available, I dont know whether they were available at all actually, cause mom always says you guys are lucky that diapers are available now!

I have cousins and friends who live in US and recently had babies. So received a lot of inputs on what I could ask my brother to get when he came down. Since I had a lot of time on hand I did the following:
- I made lists in Excel of things I was suggested to buy.
- I sorted the list based on what I actually wanted.
- Later I checked the prices in US and India.
- When finally I had list of things required from US, I checked the US sites for prices
- Final step was making a Google Sheet with links and sharing it with my brother!
(US sites include - Amazon, Costco, Target)

Here are some things which I was suggested to buy (I did not get them all - some I got from cousins)
- Diapers (much cheaper in US as compared to India)
- Baby Wipes (same logic as above)
- Nursing Pads (Disposable as well as washable)
- Cooling Nipple Pads
- Nipple Cream
- Feeding Bottles
- Breast Pump
- Nipple Shield
- Sturdy Diaper Bag (preferably back pack style)
- Baby Health care Kit (one with thermometer, medicine dispenser etc)
- Quick Dry Sheet
- Disposable Underwear (post delivery)

This is most of it, if I remember anything else, I will edit the post and add it.

I was lucky that I got a lot of baby clothes and did not have to go and buy them. Otherwise, they would be a major part of the baby shopping budget!

0 comments:

Post a Comment