Nursing Scarf - DIY

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

I am someone who plans a lot and quite well in advance. Things which might even be relevant to be me at that time, but maybe in future, I keep in mind and plan. So I was out with V for a dinner date to celebrate out first engagement anniversary at Malaka Spice. This was much before we even started TTC (Trying to conceive)

There was a lady with a small baby and she was breast feeding with a nice Nursing scarf around her. I thought that was a brilliant idea - I had never seen or heard of nursing scarves before this. I did not even tell V about it, but it remained in my mind.

I like DIY things and in the second trimester, I started looking online for nursing scarves. There were so many varieties available and at such exorbitant prices! Just check out this one, for example! I would not, ever, pay that kind of money for a piece of cloth! Anyway, since I was planning on something DIY, I searched and found a nice looking, easy to make Nursing Scarf tutorial.

It required using the sewing machine, which I did not have, nor do I know how to use. But as always, Mom to the rescue. She has a sewing machine and can use it very well too! I sent her the links and asked her to make one for me. She made it only once I came to live with her, with the cloth of my choice.

She made it for my best friend as well and in time, as she intended to buy one for herself!

So, here are the blog and video links for the tutorials:
http://madebythemamamonster.blogspot.in/2008/04/nursing-cover-tutorial.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzgfHeQOxJA

Mom made it without the D rings, the strap around the neck was made of my size, so could just put it over the neck. Also, the boning was real hard to find. My cousin got it for me from Andheri Chaar Bungalow market.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment