The last few weeks

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

I did not have a full time job and used to work as a freelance writer. During the last month, it got difficult to sit at a place for long durations and I informed all my contractors that I would be working only till the 11th of April. My brother was supposed to reach India on 14th, so I would have some time to spend with him as well before the baby arrived.

I am due on 4th of May. I kept a track of when the babies of my friends and cousins had arrived. Starting from 37 weeks, the baby could be expected any time. I expected my baby to arrive early as well. Why? No reason as such! Just that the baby was too active and I thought, this one wont stay 40 weeks inside.

I thought the baby has been delaying because V has not come here yet. But now V is here since 2 days - working from home - yet no sign of labor! 

It is 39.2 weeks now and I am tired. Tired of waiting and contemplating what day the baby might arrive. It is like watching a boiling pot of water. Mom keeps saying that if you werent prepared, the baby would have arrived and surprised you. I had my hospital bag ready, everything with a plan. So probably the baby says, you wait, I will take my own sweet time.

All days I am checking for some signs and symptoms - nothing! The head lock had not happened on the 39 weeks check up either! Last night I did not sleep well, barely slept actually. Baby decided to move a lot and I think has descended a little. The pressure in the lower abdomen is very high! I woke up to pee every 90 minutes.

This wait game is difficult...very difficult! I wish I had something to keep myself occupied.

0 comments:

Post a Comment